Thread: Bedtime Blues
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 04:08 PM   #1
lola1207
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Confused Bedtime Blues

I didn't know that Yorkies had a reputation for being too hard to train... Lola is having a very hard time!! She's in a crate when we're not home, but when we are home we block off a good area of where we relax for her to run around freely - and we can keep an eye on her to watch her start sniffing. I take her out several times a day and also take her for a walk as close to bedtime as possible to tire her out which I hope will eventually stop the accidents in the house She does not make one sound or one signal that indicates that she has to go to the bathroom - the only time is if she is crying from her crate and that could either be to go the bathroom or to have play time....which leads me to our next problem ......

She CANNOT be alone!! She'll nap in her crate on her bed by herself but as soon as it is night time she starts causing a commotion. We start the night off by putting her in with her brother Bosco (who is a sweet English bulldog who loves to cuddle). Lola will sleep quietly with him (going in at about 10 pm)until 12:30 am (like clockwork). I then take her out and she pees and then goes back in with Bosco until about 2 am. At this point she will not do accept ANYTHING BUT OUR BED. I love having her in there but I would like the option of her sleeping on her own to be available. Have I blown it by letting her sleep in my bed too many times already?? Will the crying at 2:30 am ever stop??
lola1207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!