View Single Post
Old 04-07-2007, 06:05 PM   #14
pepe mint
YT 3000 Club Member

My maggie is right at 5 lbs now at 6 months old and I take her EVERYWHERE I go. and even if she gets to 6 or 7 lbs, she will still go everywhere I go. I have a bag I got at Target that looks more like a diaper bag than a doggie bag (but it IS a doggie bag) and she fits great in it, with room to go. She is very happy and comfy in it and in fact, when I am at my office, she will go in her bag on her own to sleep, rather than in her bed Maggie's mom was 6 lbs and dad was 3 lbs. She is expected to get about 5.5-6 lbs. we'll see...I'm hoping closer to 6.

so, with that being said, find a good breeder...let her know you want a pup that will be around 5-7 lbs and go from there. honestly, I don't think 7 lbs will be too much to take everywhere with you. I only say that because maggie is still so tiny to me, and I know a girl that has a 7 lb full grown girl that is totally "froo froo" and goes everywhere with her...in fact, I was shocked when she said she was 7 lbs. I though surely she was smaller. So, go for healthy and find a GREAT breeder and try to get the smallest of the litter. You do get what you pay for...and you may have to wait a little longer to find exactly what you are wanting...but it is worth every penny and worth every minute you have to wait!!!! I know maggie is...I am so glad I waited for her

good luck!!!!!!!!!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!