View Single Post
Old 04-07-2007, 11:35 AM   #87
sunyluvsma
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingergirlsmom View Post
While I agree that $750 seems high for an aggressive adult yorkie, I disagree with the sentiment that NO ONE would pay that price for him.

The original poster was honest about his issues. That couldn't be easy. I'm not sure of her reasons for charging what she is, but believe if she finds someone who is willing to pay that she has also found someone who is willing to devote the right kind of time/attention to him.

I've rescued and plan on rescuing all my dogs from here on out, and let me just say, unless you go to the pound, the rescue fees, even for a dog with special needs, are higher than you might imagine.

My Bernie, an unregistered, adult, teapot yorkie, complete with special needs, cost more than you'd think to adopt from a rescue. And that was after they dropped the adoption fee by $150 after meeting with us.

I guess I'm just saying, lets give the original poster a break. If you think you can provide the right home but the price is too high for you, send her a pm...she might be willing to work something out for the RIGHT home.
I do rescue work. For a 5lbs male dog that 1.5years old and UTD on ALL shots, neutered, hw tested and on meds, bloodwork and fecal. The dog is sent with a bed, leash,harness and food/toys and an additional month of hw meds and has NO attitude problems the adoption fee is $600.
One that needs behavior modification is $400.

We would gladly take him and vet him and rehome if you would like.
yorkierescueme.com
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!