View Single Post
Old 04-07-2007, 11:14 AM   #10
SissaYSU
Senior Yorkie Talker

I remember when I was 15 or 16 and I was babysitting my brothers...my youngest one was still in a crib. My mom was taking my other brother to a birthday party and when she left it was just rain.

Weather had gone downhill fast and before I knew it the sirens were going off. I flew upstairs and grabbed my brother from his crib, got my other brother and we bunkered down in the basement. I was terrified. My mom was driving and when she got back she said that the DJ on the radio kept telling people that if they could, pull over and get into a ditch. Problem was the ditches were full of water

And then another time we were driving to Pekin, Illinois to see my grandparents and we hit a bad storm. We pulled over because it had gotten nasty...I noticed the sky had turned a really pretty but eerie turquoise-ish color. It looked like there wasn't a cloud in the sky...just a solid turquoise-ish color. My mom made the mistake of commenting that it looked like a "tornado sky" (word of advice: never say something like that when you have a daughter that is positively terrified of storms ) There was a brief moment of calmness at which my dad "put the petal to the metal" per say and sped off. We ended up stopping at a rest area half a mile away to take cover...and it was a good place to stop considering that...well we got the uh you-know-what scared out of us. When we figured it was safe to go back on the road we saw several state trooper cars drive by and my dad wondered out loud and a guy passing us said that a tornado had touched down about a half a mile from the rest area we were currently at...the half a mile away was where we had pulled over initially Someone certainly was looking after us and protecting us that night
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!