View Single Post
Old 06-17-2005, 05:25 PM   #4
Ann
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg
In our puppy class last night she taught us how to "look" at our puppies and how to train them to let us look at and touch them all over. We were "practicing" today and I noticed little scab like things in his ears (one more then another). I did a search and read that ear mites itch and smell. He doesn't have either of these problems.

What could it be?

Also, his ears at 12 weeks are still floppy. The breeder said that had poked up around 8 weeks, but drooped back down around 10, and are still down. Could whatever is causing these scab, cause ears to not perk. (Shhh- don't tell Keeley but we have been talking about pulling out the tape or the glue if they don't start poking up soon ).

Are you sure they are scabs? Copper got a couple of ticks in the inside flap of his ear once. They kind of look like scabs. Check closely. You may have to get your vet to help you remove them the first couple of times if that is the case...you have to make sure to get the head out. You can use a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol to dab on the tick....sometimes that will make it let go. OOPS...I didn't think the first one loaded....sorry for the repeat.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!