View Single Post
Old 04-07-2007, 07:29 AM   #1
genie
Loves Hannah & Gracie
Donating Member

Omg A tornado touched down at my house this week...

I haven't been on YT much this week. I have had a very eventful week. First thing that happened was that our farm had a wildfire on it, it took us 2 days to put the fire out. My husband had to bring his dozer and excavator in from the job to help put it out. Most of one mountain was burned. Then Wednesday my husband and I was at the farm working on our cabin and we left my daughter home alone (she is 17 years old). While we were at the farm a storm started and I heard a roaring sound. I told my husband that it sounded like a tornado and we had to get home to Corri (10 miles away). So are driving home in pouring rain, lightening, hail, branches and trees in the road. I was trying to get Corri on the phone but I couldn't (electricity was out too, and I only have cordless phones), so I called my neighbor and he said that the wind was pretty bad and there was tornado warnings. So finally get her on her cell and she was in the hallway of our house and scared to death, I told her to run to our neighbors house and get in his basement. I told her I would call them and have them waiting for her at the door, so I tried to call my neighbor and I couldn't get him this time, the cell phones wasn't working anymore. So I am thinking that I have sent my child out in a storm and when she gets to his house he wont be able to hear her knocking because they were in the basement. The worst possible thoughts was going through my mind. I called the hospital where I worked because I knew that they would know if there was a tornado. I talked to one of the nurses and she said that there was a tornado that "touched down on Artemus road and there were houses blown away"....I live on Artemus road. I am hysterical at this point and as we start down artemus road I no longer see trees and branches in the road but shredded tree bark and saw dust, then we see a roof in the road and we couldn't get around it, so my husband jumps out of the truck and starts running toward our house (about a mile away), he told me to stay with the truck and he would go to Corri. I drove around someones house and got past the roof in the road and then there were telephone poles and power lines in the road, so turned into a parking lot and went around those poles and lines but I came to another telephone pole and power line in the road and I just drove over it (I know that is crazy but I knew that there wasn't any power to the lines and a mother would do anything to get to their baby), well at that point I caught up with my husband and he got in the truck with me and as I turned down my road there was trees down everywhere. A lady that lives next to me has about 20 bradford pears in her yard and there was 10 of them down and some of them in the road, so I just drive over the tree tops in the road, when I get to my house my husband runs to my house and I run to the neighbors house and I find Corri and Hannah in the basement safe. Did I mention that I prayed the whole way home. The only thing at my house was alot of my shingles came off, garbage cans blown over and a couple signs blown off my house. I told Corri I bet she looked like Dorothy running through the yard carrying Toto (Hannah). I am so thankful to God that she was safe. Sorry this is so long but I really needed to vent.
genie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!