Thread: bad bad cough
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2004, 08:32 PM   #9
blondy_5_0
Yorkie Yakker

Rob, Thanks for the input. The breeder sent me a puppy that not only has tracheal collapse, but got hypoglycemia and almost died twice in the first handful of days I had him!! I of course had no idea what this was, but learned very quickly. Now, Biggie is worth a lot ( ), but after paying for a sick dog, and the shipping, it hurt to pay huge vet bills immediately.

I took Biggie to the vet today; he again gave me Temaril, which apparently is just a cough suppresant. I just need a paycheck or two, then I am going to get xrays for Biggie. The vet said they could then give us "narcotic-type" medicine....I sure hate the thought of him having to take meds forever....for both our sakes!!!

As for getting on the breeder...maybe I didn't look hard enough. I looked for about 4 months via the internet for a puppy before actually purchasing. I was looking for a small, older puppy, specifically so I would have a better chance of getting a healthy pup I thought!! I just feel like it is really useless to even ask the breeder for $$ back. I sure as heck will not be sending my puppy back

p.s. does anyone have an educated guess on what age it is that Yorkie's stop growing?
blondy_5_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!