View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 06:20 PM   #3
Sherryabear
Donating Yorkie Yakker

When I brought Gordon home from the breeder, the breeder had him on Nutro. I kept him on it. About a week before the recall.....he started getting picky and not eating the Nutro kibbles.
Most of the vets around here only carry Science Diet.....it is what Gordon's vet suggested I change him to slowly.
The only pet store I knew about around here is Petsmart....Gordon goes to puppy classes there.
I have searched on the internet and read sites about foods.....I was getting dizzy from reading. I was so worried about Gordon's not eating and trying to find him a good food.

Saturday was Gordon's puppy class at Petsmart. It is in another town about a 30 minute drive from my home. I am not farmilar with the area.....and I made a wrong turn when I left Petsmart.

It was a lucky wrong turn.....because not two blocks from Petsmart was a sign with ad for Good Dog Naturally pet store. I pulled in and walked in and the store was great, but it smelled like home cooking.
There were two very nice ladies working there.....one was a animal nutrist.......and they make their own dog food there. It is all homemade.
She told me that Gordon needed a variety of foods.....she said, dogs get bored with food the same as we would if he ate the same thing everyday. She said, it is not good to keep switching foods....but anytime, we can add something with their kibbles it is good.

I have a appointment with her Friday afternoon, she is going to set Gordon up on a feeding program......she is going to talk to his vet first. He just went to the vet for his last shots....and his vet said he was healthy.

While I was there I got to tour their kitchen......it was spotless, and they were making doggie biscuits and it smelled great.
It is a small business, they don't even have a web site.....but their store carried nothing but the top brand of dog foods and theirs....the store was spotless.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!