View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 12:34 PM   #40
chattiesmom
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber_lv View Post
I know i am probably being selfish and it's time to put him down. I guess i am just uneasy with death. I really am afraid of death and to me it just seems so final. I know that sounds stupid. I just love him so much we have a bond that he doesn't have with anyone else. I want to end his pain i just hope i am making the right desicion.
Amber

I am so very sorry. I know you are really hurting.....

Several years ago our family had to make a similar decision regarding a a family member, our terminally ill Chow Chow -- Sassy was a HUGE part of our family. She had cancer and after bipweekly blood transfusions for several weeks we decided with the vet that it was time to release her from her pain. We hand dug her grave, and the entire family went to the vet. The kids were young so they said goodbye in their own way in the waiting room. Ron (hubby) held Sassy in his arms and I held Sassy's paw while the vet worked his magic. Sassy relaxed and went to sleep and within a few minutes her heart stopped beating. There was not a dry tear anywhere -- we brought her home and had a funeral.

There is no doubt in my mind and heart that we made the right decision. She was suffering terribly and it was time.....

Sending more hugs your way

btw -- Sassy lives on in our hearts.....
chattiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!