View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 12:11 PM   #37
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Oh amber I'm sorry !! This is hardest things to do as a pet lover and you have to judge his quality of life over your feelings....I don't know what to say but maybe his agression is because he's in pain ? Usually a dog will act that way if they hurt....it could be his way of telling you - 14 is a great age and it sounds like he's had a nice life...but I sure wish we had them longer....it just never seems like enough time when you love a dog

I was with my husbands cocker Lady when she went into renal failure & we had to have her PTS .....I cried so hard I ended up on the floor ...and didn't stop crying for a few weeks...but it was peaceful and gentle & I know she loved me for being there...

Toby'sMama....that touched me so much reading your post.. Lady was the same way...losing her 'control' was the hardest thing to see and she'd be devestated she didnt make it outside...I can still remember the awful embarrassed look in her eyes....

all we can do is love them thru sickness and health - and in death too Amber. As long as they know we're there talking to them & loving them...they DO go in peace.

Last edited by red98vett; 04-04-2007 at 12:14 PM.
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!