View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 11:21 AM   #33
rrosenberry
& Bailey & Bella
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby'sMama View Post
I know that this decision is probably one of the hardest that we as pet owners have to make. I had to make the decision when my little yorkie girl was 17 years old. She was my whole heart from the time I took her home at 6 weeks old. (I know now, that was too early!) I had to make the decision that was best for her -- regardless of how selfish I wanted to be. Her quality of life was not good at that point, and I didn't want to see her suffer. Sneaker had been blind for two or three years, but had been quite happy and had no problem getting around. Then she started not being able to make it outside -- which was probably harder on her then me. She'd look at me like she was so very sorry that she had made a mess. As her health got worse, I knew that it was time and made the call.

When I called my vet to make the appointment, they asked if I wanted to be there when they did it. There was no way that I could let her go all alone, so of course I said I would be there. When I remember that day with immense sadness, I was able to be with her when she very peacefully closed her eyes and went to sleep. She was a very gracious lady til the end.

I still shed tears when I reflect on that day, but I told myself that I would celebrate the wonderful life that she had, and that I was so very lucky to have had her in mine. My precious memories of Sneaker bring a smile to my heart now -- and I like to think that she's waiting at Rainbow Bridge for me to join her.

I now have Toby, who's almost 6, and Lola who's almost a year old now. I don't love them any less then Sneaker, and although there is an empty place in my heart that will never ever be filled, my happy memories have eased the hurt.

When you make the decision -- prepare to mourn the loss -- but don't forget to celebrate the happy times and memories you have had as well.

Positive thoughts and care to you in dealing with this painful decision.
What a great life Sneaker must have had..your story made me cry,, but it is so true. RIP lil' gracious Lady.

~Anatole France~
rrosenberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!