View Single Post
Old 06-17-2005, 06:12 AM   #8
yorkieagility
YT 1000 Club Member

You can feed your dogs a lot of different human food. Example chicken(white meat is better), beef(boiled), rice, carrots, peas, green beans, punkin, or potatos.

Watch out for dogs with sensitive stomach.

Keep in mind if you going to have her on soft food like these, you wll have to brush his teeth or you will have problem in the long run.

NO salt! Don't add salt to anything. There already is a trace amount of salt naturally in food. Plus, dogs can't process salt through their body as fast as we can and it can lead to kidney failure in the long run.

NO FATTY food! Meatballs isn't the best choice but my dog would have love it too. It has too much salt and way too fatty to be feed all the time.

By the way, there are books out there that will teach you how to cook for your dog. There is also books on the BARF(raw food) diet that show you how to probably prepare food. I know people that have these books but I don't know who wrote them or anything because I don't cook for my dogs in any way or form.

Oh, you might want to go to the petstore and get some vitamin. Unless you really know how to cook for your puppy to the fullest, more than likely your puppy will not get all the vitamin he needs to grow.

Honestly, I think all this involves too much work and research. Plus there are too many things to watch out for. I personally like to feed my dog a very good brand of dry dog food and save me all the time and headache of food preparation. That's just me. However, I have know people that cook for their dog and they swear it is better for them than comerical dog food.
yorkieagility is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!