View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 05:25 PM   #14
LullaBelle
YT Addict

Love

Example: We were at the beach walking Bella and there were all sorts of big dogs not on leashes. We didn't have any problems, any time a big dog was interested in Bella or got really close I picked her up just to be on the safe side.
One dog tried to jump on me! It wasn't aggressive but it was dominate so I backed it off and told it who was boss and the owner just stood there and said "don't worry hes friendly" I don't care how friendly a dog is they shouldn't be jumping on ppl. That is a dominate behavior!
She is only 7lbs and some of those dogs looked like they weighed at least 100 lbs. I have owned big dogs in the past and my parents still do. I don't mind as long as I know the big dog. Other wise I will chose to be safe than sorry.
My husband thought I was paranoid but that night we were watching ER Vets on Animal Planet and a puppy had his eye poked out by a big dog and had to have surgery. If anything like that ever happened to my dog I would have killed the owner of the aggressive dog.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!