View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 11:34 AM   #1
CarlysCody
Yorkie Yakker

Default Diarrhea for 1 month

I got my puppy, Cody, exactly 1 month ago. When I brought him home that day, he was having bad bloody diarrhea. I called the breeder and she said he has been fine before that. I know she was telling the truth because he pooped normal before I left the breeders house to take him home. Later that evening, he pooped out some hard bright green plastic. So I assumed that was what caused the blood. Poor little guy! I called the breeder and she said that some of the older dogs tore up a toy and he must have got a piece of it.

The blood and diarrhea continued for 2 days, and I took him to the vet. They put him on a stomach medicine, on canine I/D prescription diet food and medicine for Cocidia (sp?). While he was on this medicine, everything was great! Normal stools, eating and playing.

Once he was done with the medicine, I started to ween him back onto the Eukenuba puppy food. Then the bloody stools/diarrhea returned. This time the blood was really bad. I took him back to the vet and he said he has a lot of bacteria in his intestine. So he gave him Flagyl to cure it. I also put him back on the prescription diet food. Again he was fine while on the medicine. He also was normal for a few days after. I still have him on the prescription diet.

Yesterday the diarrhea returned but with no blood. He poop has been very soft. I don't know what to do. Its getting me worried that he has a permanent condition. Even the prescription diet gives him diarrhea! Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts?

Thanks!
CarlysCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!