Thread: Booster shots?
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 01:37 AM   #3
PuppyLovinNurse
Chloe's Mommy!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTrixie143 View Post
It all depends on the dog, some will scream like you are killing them and others won't even flinch. For the most part, all of mine have never minded getting shots except for Scampers when he was a puppy. I have never had any of them act different after getting their shots except maybe a little sleepy and sore in the area. They usually give the shots in the shoulder blade area/neck area.

Are you getting the lepto shot for your puppy?? Mine don't get that shot as there has been too many owners who have had their yorkies have really bad reactions from it. And as long as you aren't near wildlife or have cases of lepto in your area, you really don't need it.

Good luck with her shots tommorrow!! I remember how bad I felt when Scampers got his; he screamed really bad and wouldn't stop for about 10 minutes. But he was a huge drama king back then, a tiny scratch would have him crying for 20 minutes.
But like I said he was the only one to ever cry or fuss about getting shots.

Thanks so much!

Good Lord, I hope she doesn't cry...she might, I'm not sure. Mommy can't handle that, though lol And Mommy's going alone because Daddy's working all day. Dang it.

I don't really know what they're planning on giving for the booster. Thanks for the heads up on lepto. There's a ton of deer/moose in my area near my house, but I only let her walk outside on a bikepath near the St. Lawrence River. There's usually dead fish & eels up on the side, but I obviously don't let her get anywhere near them. I'll ask the vet what he thinks for this area.

Thanks, again.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!