View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 11:28 AM   #2
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppyLovinNurse View Post
She's 2lbs 2oz.

I was holding her coming into my room & she jumped out of my arms. I tried to catch her, but couldn't. I'm 5'6 so she probably fell about 4 feet or so. I don't know if she fell on her back/side/head, but she was crying & couldn't get up right away. When I picked her up she cried.

I tried to hold her, but she didn't want me to. She went straight to her bed. She NEVER lays in her bed. She's always with me.

Right now she's shaking like crazy, too. I've got her covered w/ a towel & a down comforter, but she's still shaking.

I tried feeling around & she seems to cry when I touch her back, right above her tail. Every time she moves or I try to pick her up she cries. When I put her on the ground to see if she could walk, she walked a few steps & each time she moved her legs were popping. She wouldn't walk by herself at all.

We called the only two ER vets in our area & neither one was any help. The first one was a total butthole and the second acted like he didn't want to even see her. He said keep her comfortable & bring her tomorrow if it's the same.

All she's doing now is sleeping. I keep checking her eyes and everything, but I'm really worried.

Any advice???
first thing i would have suggested is taking her to the ER vet because she could have broken something from the fall. However if they aren't being very cooperative just keep a close eye on her, don't move her around too much. It'd probably be best if you crated her until tomorrow morning and then bring her to your regular vet asap. good luck.

oh and the shaking is probably from the shock of the fall.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!