View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 06:05 PM   #2
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

[QUOTE=debbiect;1037141]I'm re-posting this. Please someone help me with th

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay everybody. Come to my rescue again. I am new at this so I need lots of help.
1. Can our babies eat 15 bean soup? It comes in a bag, its all dry and it has northern, pinto, blackeye, lima, garbanzo, green split pea, kidney, cranberry, small white, yellow split pea, lentil, navy, black bean, pearl and barley. A seasoning pack comes with it, but I would just cook them in water or maybe low sodium chicken broth. If so, would it take the place of the meat with their meal?
2. For a 7 - 8 pound Yorkie, how much Wheat Germ, fish oil and/or cod liver oil, brewers yeast, and flax seeds do I give him? Is this along with a supplement, and do I give it to him once a day or more often?
3. What supplement is the best for them if they're eating primarily home cooking?
4. When I make up his food for a week or so and freeze it, do you combine everything (meat, veggies, rice or pasta) into individual small bags combined or individual bags for meat, one for veggie, and one for rice or pasta.
5. Can they eat pasta if there is nothing on it?
6. How do I determine the amount to feed him at each meal? How do I divide it up between meats (protein), veggies, rice or pasta? Sparky eats two meals a day with lunch usually being about a tablespoon of cottage cheese or yogurt with some fruit.
7. Should he have fruit with each meal or only occasionally?
8. He's almost 5 months, should he have egg everyday and if so how much?
9. Can I cook his food ( such as eggs) with butter, margarine, or just microwave (if scrambled or fried)

I think that's all for now, but I'm sure there will be more later.
Thank you for your help!

debbiect

ok i don't make my own food but i can try and help a bit.. layla gets a few drops from a fish oil capsule each morning.. she's 5 lbs and i know too much Omega 3 isn't a good thing

also since you are making your own food. you mihgt consider only using fruit as a treat.. layla get apple or pear or strawberry only once and while.. as something special
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!