View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 04:15 PM   #1
jatango
Yorkie Yakker

Default New Dobie coming home (in 12 weeks...::sigh::)

So thoroughly excited! I'm getting a well-bred doberman puppy and my first ever "only mine" dog in about 11 weeks. The breeder is picking him/her out for me based on temperament, as I'm aiming to do therapy, obedience, agility and tracking. I need a STABLE and determined dog! The breeder (Sharon Karam of Kettle Cove) will know the temperaments much better than I will, so I'm not going to let my heart get in the way of my head. The heart always follows anyway where puppies are concerned! (I really REALLY want that red male though!)

Mommy is Ch. Kettle Cove Lanikai Blue Sky (Goose) and has a rock-solid temperament. She was attacked by an off-leash dog at 7 months, something that could ruin other dogs. She just as happy and trusting and approachable now as she was then. I'm sorry it happened, but could you ask for a better temperament assurance?

Daddy is Am/UKC Ch. Tyobi Simply Dynamite CGC, WAC, DTH (Mateo) and is a heart-throb of a dobe. He's everything I think a dobie stud should be and has an amazing headpiece. He also has a wonderful temperament. Young kids (strangers even!) have come up to this (intact!) male dobie and thrown their arms around his neck while on a walk. Sounds awesome to me! He also has the elusive delta therapy certification and his working aptitude certificate (WAC), meaning he is as protective and bold as a dobe should be. I'm so excited!

Puppy Pictures!

Mom and Dad

They were born March 11 and should be coming home with me around June 7 or so. I wanted the pup to get as much time with mom as possible to keep his confidence level high. Mommy's are great at that.
jatango is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!