View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 12:19 PM   #6
psugorilladdr
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myteddybear View Post
I find it apalling that they think they even have a right to know that it was shipped to another company for dry food and think it's o.k. to say they would not name the company.

Toxicity levels uncertain
The new finding comes a week after scientists at the New York State Food Laboratory identified a rat poison and cancer drug called aminopterin as the likely culprit in the pet food. The FDA said it could not confirm that finding.

NBC VIDEO

? Toxic chemical in pet food
March 30: It's not clear that the chemical found in recalled pet food caused animal deaths or illnesses, an FDA official said during a press conference Friday.
MSNBC

New York officials have detected melamine in the recalled food as well. Yet New York remained confident in its aminopterin finding, said Patrick Hooker, commissioner of the New York state Department of Agriculture and Markets. Hooker added that neither aminopterin nor melamine should be in pet food, but that it was unclear why the latter substance would be poisonous to the cats in which it was found.

?While we have no doubt that melamine is present in the recalled pet food, there is not enough known data on the mammalian toxicity levels of melamine to conclude it could cause illness and deaths in cats. With little existing data, many questions still remain as to the connection between the illnesses and what has caused them,? Hooker said.

Sounds to me as if both things are in there and at this point who know what else! I can't even believe that they would have the nerve to say they won't name the company when people might be feeding that dry food to thier pets as we speak.

Kim
I know, I think we have the right to know! It is a very big deal to me. They don't want to name the company, POOR EXCUSE! I'm not too happy about it.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!