Thread: Airplane travel
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 09:22 AM   #8
biewerlover
YT Addict

I work for the airlines and will say that each airline might vary "a little" in their restrictions when it comes to pets in the cabin. Typically, your dog MUST stay inside its carrier, under the seat and you may not remove the dog to calm it etc. and most certainly you may not bring the dog into the bathroom onboard to use a piddlepad, that being said, if you "snuck" your dog in the bathroom well...keep in mind that some people on the plane may not like dogs or have allergies (even to Yorkies). Alot of people do not like the fact that dogs can be in the cabin. On our airline if someone is taking their dog onboard and a passenger disputes it, we have to rebook the passenger with the dog onto another flight. It does't happen often but it has happened. Of course, if you get with a good flight crew and the flight isn't packed, they might allow you a little more freedom outside of the "rules". When I traveled with my guy under the seat I gave him a little benedryl (as advised by my vet) to kinda get him to sleep a bit..he didn't make a peep. You want to test run your dog to make sure he will be quiet in the crate. If the flight in is the air and your dog gets out of control with barking/whining they may land the flight which could be an issue (again, not typical), but make sure your dog can handle it.
biewerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!