View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 07:43 AM   #7
BamaFan121s
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyJM View Post
How would this work...are you truly able to take a puppy back form someone??
Yes, you can. My stipulation is by 8 months, I have to have verification from their vet that the dog has been s/n. I have found that asking them for a vet reference and actually calling their vet has been a wise move. If they have been with their vet for a considerable amount of time, he/she can give you heads up as to how responsible a pet owner this is. It has worked for me so far, but I don't have tons of litters under my belt, sooo...
Something else I considered was incorporating a 'must be s/n by xxxx age' and then I would reimburse the $$$ for the surgery. (Charging that much more upfront, obviously.) Or just give back a flat amount with the verification.

Like Sugar's Mom mentioned though, you have to make sure you can keep contact with them.

I understand your idea of not getting the papers until they've been altered, but like someone mentioned, they can always try to get them registered with another registry and breed anyway. Plus, I personally just don't trust people, so if I don't see and get papers then, I probably going to be very wary.
BamaFan121s is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!