View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 04:09 AM   #14
debbiect
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
You could also boil up some eggs, leave them in the ref. with shells on, and give about 1/4 of one egg cut up into the Yogurt.
It's okay to give them egg everyday?
I written several times about Sparky being finicky. I've read about how much better our food is for him than "dog food." I have always given him raw carrots, broccoli, celery, cucumbers, bell peppers, apples, pineapple, and cooked chicken and beef, yogurt and cottage cheese (both non fat).
He had gotten to where he'd pick at his dry Merrick's and pieces of Natural Balance roll. So yesterday I tried something I've read about on here. He is 4 months old (will be 5 months the 12th of April), he weighs 7 lbs 10 oz).
For breakfast he had about a tsp plain NF yogurt, a few bites of cooked chicken, half of a scrambled egg (cooked in the microwave-no butter), and some apple. Mid day he had about a tablespoon of NF cottage cheese, and a baby carrot. For dinner he had some cooked chicken, about a tbsp mashed potatoes, about four cooked green beans (no seasoning), a few bites of Natural Balance lamb roll, a few bites of apple, and a raw baby carrot. He ate better than he's eaten for days. Was this balanced enough for him? If I feed him our food each day, can it be seasoned and should I give him some kind of vitamin supplement?
debbiect is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!