View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 09:07 PM   #11
dray
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoap View Post
Hi everyone, I was up all night checking on mom. A very trying whelp. I lost one little girl but gained two boys. The girl was the first to come out and got hung up at the neck and shoulder. Everything seemed to be going great, then right at the last needed push, mom couldn't give it and I couldn't get her out. By the time I made it to the vet, she was gone. I just can't understand why contractions would just stop like that. (not one more til we were almost to the vet and then she pushed her the rest of the way out). We were only in stage two for ~4 hrs. and had been at stage three for about 1 - 1.5 hrs. The girls right shoulder and head were stuck and everytime I tried a maneuver to pull the girl, mom would scream.
BUT, on the bright side, the two boys are in great shape, very strong and mom is doing great. Thanks for all the thoughts this morning. I'll post pics of the boys a little latter.
Aloha
Congratulations on your two boys and sorry about your girl, it is always hard when you loose one. Our puppies have the same birthday !!! I got 4 boys and a last minute a pretty little girl. I have never had a litter of 5. All are well tonight. I wish you lots of luck with your boys.
dray is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!