View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 06:55 PM   #113
camly
Mommy to Kikko-man
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalina82 View Post
the I/D is fine to keep him on. Its a very bland diet that shouldn't upset the stomache. Are you feeding dry or wet? if the vet only gave you cans then you can ask for dry food instead. it will last longer and be cheaper. I know the price adds up if that's the only thing your feeding. Check to see if your store has Dick van patten's Natural Balance. They sell this at the Petco's here so maybe it will be in your pet store too. The Natural Balance comes in allergy formulas like potato and duck, sweet potato and fish, vegetarian (for dogs allergic to many meat proteins), and venison and brown rice. These foods are good for sensitive skin and stomaches because the proteins used are unusual compared to the chicken, turkey,beef, and lamb in most foods.
I will look to see if these are available ... but i went to the pet store right next to my vet (its his store too actually) and they had a brand of food called optima, anyone heard of it. The ingredients look good and has the AAFCO statement .. so i bought. my guy ate it up! but he had diarrhea later ... bad mommy for changing his food so quick. now i am intrducing it more slowly.
camly is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!