View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 05:56 PM   #1
Holly_QD
Everyday's A HollyDay!
Donating Member

Question NEW Yorkie Mommy Needs Help!

Hello. I am a new Yorkie Mommy and I need some help. I hear some great stuff on here, and everyone seems to have different suggestions for different situations. One of the suggestions for Potty training has been to stay on a schedule. I was wondering if anyone could kind of give me an example of one. I am home most of the time. I leave to go shopping or to take my boy to the library sometimes but usually not for more than 2 hours at a time. I can make my own but just wanted something to guide myself.

The current situation= Holly has only gone on her pad twice. The first day I got her she went once because I placed a pad in her crate during the night. Then for two straight days she didn't do it on there once. I would stop her and pick her up when she would squat and she would still squeeze out a little. Then I put her on the pad and wait and she won't go. Later on, same thing. It seems she just did it little by little. I will wipe the little spots with the pad so that it can retain the scent of the urine and she doesn't catch on. She'll bring her toys and sometime even her food to the pad. Should I switch her to something else? Outside is not a good option for us. The other time that she made no.2 on the pad and I praised her and gave her a treat and then in 5 minutes she pooped again about 1 foot away from the pad. I turned away since I thought she was done.

Please help. I may be over reacting since I have only had her since Saturday but she is 4 1/2 months and I don't want for her to get used to going where she pleases. Plus I don't see any progress and I've been working on it all day everyday since I got her.

I'm desperate for some suggestions. I know I should be patient, but I just need some suggestions meanwhile I get a book sometime this weekend. Thanks in advance. Laura
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!