Thread: teacup question
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 04:44 PM   #2
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalienicole View Post
OK i know everyone is always there is no teacup yorkie and i understand that but i was looking on some web sites about some health issues my dog has and i guess she would fall under this category im not sure i dont know where the cut off is for the size requirements. But my question is if its not good breeding practice to try to have a yorkie this small then how come there are so many of them? and every website i go to where yorkies are for sale they have a whole section for saleing them. And if you arent trying to have one this tiny how rare is it that one happens to just come out being this small. Im so confused i go one place they say teacup yorkies exist and all and then i come here and other places and they say no teacups are bad. so im just wandering how often do people who breed dogs end up with a smaller puppy that would be considered in the teacup group that arent trying for one of that size? and what size do you consider them to be in this category?

There are breeders out there that breed for tinies and use the Teacup term for advertising ploy just to get big bucks.....Reputable breeders do not breed for tinies although it does happen from time to time. However, these breeders do everything they can to place them in the right homes, not just turn them over to someone because they want a small one. An last but, not least they do not hike up the price on them....most of them, at least the ones that I know will just place the puppy, knowing that the new families may have vet bills and the breeder doesn't want to sell heartache. They will be upfront with the new families. This does not mean that all small puppies will have problems, some will live very full life.......Extremely small would be under 3 pounds.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!