Thread: Pixie's Surgery
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 01:50 PM   #15
Sweetums
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Poor little baby, it sounds like a tough road ahead. I feel so badly for the pain she will have to endure (and probably is enduring right now). Our babygirl was just spayed on Monday (and had her baby canines pulled). She was in awful condition and we had to take her to the ER to stay overnight. She didn't even lift her head when I picked her up to take her over there and usually she is crazy happy when she sees me. They gave her two pain injections during the night, but she still just curled up in my arms and whimpered all the way home when we arrrived next morning to get her. She was sick to her stomach too poor baby.

The dr gave us pain pills to be administered every 8 hours which was woefully inadequate imo, tho we didn't want to poison her. But she was obviously in pain. She would look at us with this look in her eyes that just said "Help me! and all she wanted to do was be held (by me since I'm the one she goes to when in pain) and soothed and she would shiver all over (the dr. said that is a sign of being in pain) and get down and pace and then want back up in my arms over and over. She would start this behavior like a couple of hours before she was due for another pill and we just felt so bad that we couldn't give her more than her allotted pill.

So I sincerely hope when your baby has surgery that you ask for plenty of pain pills at the highest dose possible. It's heart rending to see them suffering.

Another suggestion for you, since your baby has to have two surgeries, it might be worth it to look into those little wheeled contraptions you strap to their hind end so they can get around somewhat while they are recouperating.
Attached Images
File Type: gif daisy1.gif (18.8 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Sweetums; 03-28-2007 at 01:55 PM.
Sweetums is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!