Thread: Pixie's Surgery
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 12:03 PM   #12
Lopsi
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiemalt View Post
In a way it's good that he's doing both legs seperately. It tells me he is going to do the more involved surgery which gives her a way better chance of never having problems again.

There is a "quick" version of the surgery which only requires deepening the groove and tightening the ligament. Chances of reluxation are quite high but the benefit to this surgery is it cost alot less and recovery time is reduced.

I only just finished rehabbing my yorkie's knee. My maltese had both done seperately last year and then Phoebi had to have her's done right after Christmas.

Her freedom date is April 2. One year to the day that Chan had his first surgery.
He said he's going to cut a groove, move the kneecap, tighten the ligaments, move the bone, etc. I admit I had to run rather quickly, so I didn't get to stay and listen to everything he said (hubby did). He did say it was going to be pretty "complicated" but it wouldn't be too "difficult" and there shouldn't be any problems. He also said she will be absolutely unable to use her leg at all for a while, hence having to do them separately.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!