View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 08:36 AM   #5
mzzy
Senior Yorkie Talker

i was concerned about the same thing.. but i was feeding missy pro plan for puppies... then i read an article online that the food would cause hyperness if there's too much un needed carbs in the diet... so i looked at the ingredients, and voila, that was the problem... now missy's on chicken soup for the pet lovers soul puppy formula (which btw was cheaper than pro plan!! but harder to find) and although she's still very very active, she's not CRAZY hyper!!! now i can see her activeness is at the normal level... still too active for me!! hahah but i know she's ok.. on proplan, she'd get hyper then totally crash out... now she's active, and can stay up for a while and doesn't have a "sugar rush"

I say change the food.. but that's my opinion, i too bought the big bag of pro plan... so at first i mixed them up to ween her off the pro plan, then now i some times use it as treats... really tho, there's way too much of it, and i'm still mixing it at like 85% chicken soup and 15% pro plan... will do that until it's finished...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!