View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 03:08 AM   #109
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by camly View Post
Kikko was on i/d because we had a lot of issues of soft poopie due to parasites and possibly allergies, we haven't checked that out yet since the meds have finished and he's been fine.. so that's what i've kept him on. and the other issue would be that I live in Taiwan and we don't have the same brands of food available here. the only one's i've seen at the pet-store (the only one i know how to get to) is nutro... the other food at the pet store are like eukanuba, iams, science diet ... crap you know. ... and i/d i bought from my vet. so i'll try to ask him where i can get other food (we'll see how that goes, he doesn't speak much english and i speak hardly any chiense).. but you can see my dilemma.
the I/D is fine to keep him on. Its a very bland diet that shouldn't upset the stomache. Are you feeding dry or wet? if the vet only gave you cans then you can ask for dry food instead. it will last longer and be cheaper. I know the price adds up if that's the only thing your feeding. Check to see if your store has Dick van patten's Natural Balance. They sell this at the Petco's here so maybe it will be in your pet store too. The Natural Balance comes in allergy formulas like potato and duck, sweet potato and fish, vegetarian (for dogs allergic to many meat proteins), and venison and brown rice. These foods are good for sensitive skin and stomaches because the proteins used are unusual compared to the chicken, turkey,beef, and lamb in most foods.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!