View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 04:38 PM   #1
Percys_mamma
Donating YT Addict

Animal Smiley 036 Too many treats! Healthy suggestions?

Well, I am finally making some progress with training Percy

Problems is, I realized today how many times I hand him a treat. Everytime he potties where he should, while we are working on leash walking, come, sit, stay....ugh....he is going to be a little butterball if I don't cut it out! He seems to be finally responding to the treat/praise combo, and whatever else I might be doing different (I'm not sure what, but whatever it is it is working)

He is super picky about food and treats....hates yogurt, peanut butter, cottage cheese, only likes carrots sometimes, we have thrown away at least 5 boxes of tiny sized treats that he wont touch...he will eat cheese, but I don't know how much is good for them. I tried using kibble as a treat but he just turned his nose up and kept looking at me like "Um, excuse me Miss, there is supposed to be a real treat here now" But, I hate digging into the treat box every half hour.

I am thinking only putting half of his normal serving in his bowl to make up for all the treats I give him during training, but don't know if this is healthy either.
Any good training treat options that I might not be thinking of, or healthy ones. Or ideas about his daily feeding?
Percys_mamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!