View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 08:42 AM   #1
judyeve
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Rose Max is trained!!!

Max is finally trained again. He had started marking and since around Christmas, I've been retraining him not to pee all over the house. I'm so happy and proud of him (and me). I really have to thank all of you YTers who have been so helpful with your ideas, and for just giving me a place to go for for support.

He goes outside. He decided to do that himself, and I love it because he used to hold it all day when we were out. I used to have to come home after about 5-6 hours so he could go because I felt sorry for the little guy. No more!
We also love our walks together.

He also goes on his pee pads so I don't have to worry about taking him out on a schedule. He even taught himself to poop in the vicinity of the paper. I think when he circles, he forgets about getting the poop on the paper. He only pooped outside once so far, in the snow. I think he'll figure it out soon enough.

I still have him leashed all day because now we're working on other things.
He's a biter and I'm teaching him that it's not allowed. Next will be sit, down, come, etc. They all got delayed because of the peeing in the house.

By the way, leashing a dominant dog like Max, even if you let him run around the house, really helps. Just the fact that he's leashed puts him in a more realistic place, because he just thinks who he is!

I wanted to share my good news with you all,

Judy
judyeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!