View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 08:07 AM   #4
JESSY_RN2B
Owned by 3 furballs
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiect View Post
I keep some Merrick puppy food down all the time. If he were to get hungry, wouldn't he go to that? That would keep his glucose level from dropping. Like this morning, he would not eat his breakfast meal I made for him. So I picked it up after about 15 minutes (he still had his bowl of kibbles on the floor). Then just a few minutes ago I gave him 1 tsp. yogurt, two green beans and a couple bites cut off of a Natural Balance roll. I worry he won't get enough nutrients, although he is very healthy looking.
Does anyone feed their furbaby Natural Balance rolls and does it make their stools soft or loose since it's not a hard kibble? I have one each of the three rolls flavors and he likes all of them, but I would prefer he be on hard kibbles for the stool issue. He hasn't had loose stools so far, but I know if they eat canned foods, sometimes their stools are mushy. I like being able to pick it up when he potty's without it squishing in the paper.
ANyone with ideas, hhhhheeeeellllppppp!

Dogs are like us. Somedays they will be hungrier than others. I would definitely keep the dry kibble out at all times (But that is just me speaking).

You could continue to feed the yogurt as a treat once a day and possibly the rolls in the evening.

I feed mine yogurt or cottage cheese with a dose of supplement (ML). As a treat I feed Evanger's canned but a tiny bit. Their main staple of food is dry kibble (Canidae).

Hope you are able to find a solution.

Good luck

Join today and remove this ad!