View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 05:29 AM   #11
omega
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldenise View Post
I swear to you that cc gold series brush is less harsh on their skin than any i have ever tried. they love being brushed. i have said before when I brush one of mine I have to brush all 4 at once. they love it that much. it does not scratch their skin and it is more like a massage.
you might start when your baby is laying on your lap asleep. first start with our hand only brushing the hair slowly ,then ,use the brush just on top of the hair. you can work your way deeper as you go. just an idea.
the nails... when they did mine at the vets office the assistant would hold them upright to their chest. the other would clip the nails. I tried this method with my husband holding them....maybe yours will do a better job than my husband did. worked good with the vet and assistant.LOL.
we no longer have to clip due to the fact they walk on a lot of pavement.

I totally agree with the CC brushes. I have a Gold Series and Fusion brush and they are great. My dogs didn't like being brushed either, but when I got the Gold Series brush, one of mine rolled over to have her tummy brushed. That sold me life! My youngest is in the stage of learning, too. I purposely put her on her back on my lap to brush her tummy and legs. She is pretty squirmey but she is definitely making progress.

So, between a brush that actually feels good and letting the dog know who's boss and having patience, it will come around.
omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!