View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 07:21 PM   #1
MsCheryle478
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Is this a Yorkie?

Yest. there was an ad in the Sunday paper and I was looking at Yorkies. There was an AKC Yorkie male, 7 mos., tiny. So I call on him. The lady says he is real small, 3 lbs. but that's only a guess. She bought him for her teenage daughter who now could careless. He's completely housetrained. I asked about hair coat, color, length of body, etc. and the lady acted just clueless. To make a long story short, she lived in the same town as I, only about 10 minutes away so my curiosity was killing me. I drove over to see him. I also brought my Bijou with so I could be a better judge of size since I don't have a scale. Bijou weighs 2 lbs. 13 oz. (vet's age is 6 1/2 mos., puppymill papers 8 1/2 mos.). This little guy was I am guessing 5-6 lbs. Long cottony coat that looked silver. Shorter hair on his head but this lady says she has had him to the groomers to manage his ever growing hair. There my Bijou was looking more like a "I don't know what". The lady even asked if Bijou was a mix. That is what my husband is always telling me "that isn't a purebred Yorkie, she is mixed with something". I tried to take a better picture to show more of her body. Will try tomm. in daylight to get a side shot. She just didn't look nothing like this 7 mos. male. She seems to have a Yorkie face but then that short cropped hair on her body make you go hmmmmmmm. She does seem to have long legs to. She is quite the jumper. She can now jump on the couch.
Attached Thumbnails
Is this a Yorkie?-bijou03262007001.jpg  
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!