View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 05:59 PM   #13
HighlandYorkies
DEBRA'S DORKY YORKIES4
Donating Member

He has the basics of a good painter ....tell him to put far more detail into it, and it'll be fantastic. He will look back after a few more and not like it as much, as he'll get far better with each one
I use a tiny brush and put in all the hairs of an animal, etc, and it makes a huge difference to the finished article - also another tip is where you put paint on, take it off again, in lighter areas, with a wet clean brush for fantastic highlights.

I do mostly watercolours - I have done my first Yorkie 7 years ago now(I have three Yorkies now) and she is on the wall in front of me, but I haven't a pic of the painting. Must get round to taking pics of the others - though most have been grabbed by others !
Here are some others I have done....I am on painting 54 at the moment. My last one won a competition in England, so I was chuffed, and got a lovely plaque and certificate....that was the first try at a competition and was very exciting.
It was of one of my hubby's Tarantulas !!!
Debra

I can do even better ones now....these are my early ones, and I've gone off them, lol
I also find that photos don't show all the detail of seeing the real thing....the ones below are about 100% more detailed than a photo shows.
The ones on the wall are in my sister's house.
Attached Thumbnails
portrait of your yorkie-photo0003.jpg   portrait of your yorkie-photo0002.jpg   portrait of your yorkie-photo0001.jpg  
HighlandYorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!