View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 04:42 PM   #11
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyinca View Post
Well, the only club I know of is the YTCA, and to become a member, you have to get two endorsements from other members. That's kind of a catch 22, since other members would have their reputation on the line, and if they don't know me first, they wouldn't want to risk that, and I can understand that.

I'll definitely have to get the nerve up to ask some of the showers at that show. I certainly wouldn't bother them before...I know it must be a nerve-wracking period before a show.

I'm looking forward to it.

No, No, No....What is meant by that is you need to have 2 people sponsor you.

Contact the club, let them know you are really interested in yorkies and becoming a club member. You must attend so many meetings within a specified number of months. If L.A. club is like Bluebonnet, a sponsor must have known you for approximately 6 months before voting you in. So, during the six months you are attending a meeting they are getting to know you.

Attending the Specialty will be a great way to meet people in the club.
Cindy Landry is the club president. And if I'm not mistaken Janet Jackson, President of The Yorkshire Terrier Club of America is also a member of the L.A. Club. I would also suggest that you attend the dinner too. Wonderful to meet exhibitors from all over.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!