Thread: Eating Issues!
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 03:23 PM   #4
laurenr
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Welcome to the Finnicky Eaters Club!!! My Mango is doing the same as Bella and Romeo. She is 4 months old and has been on Nutro Puppy small bites (dry), mixed with less then a Tsp of Science Diet Puppy canned. She always gobbled it down until a week ago, when I too started begging her to eat, coaxing, placing kibble in front of her - anything and everything to get her to eat. I had her checked out at the Vet and she's totally healthy; she just suddenly went off her food.
So, of course I started reading the YT forums - Diet/nutrition about food recommendations and decided that Canidae seemed a good bet as far as nutrition and palatability. I took Mango to the pet store just for good measure, so that she could taste and sample.
For the first time, when trying the Canidae All Life Stages (original formulla), she ate dry kibble by itself, nothing coating it to tempt her. So today I mixed it in with her Nutro to start weaning her off the latter, and wouldn't you know, she picked out only the Canidae bits and would not touch the Nutro at all, literally "spat" it out next to her bowl, if she mistakenly ate one, LOL.
The consultant at the pet store told me there were 3 flavors of the Canidae, if she did not like the original; he also said that not only do most "finnicky" eaters love it, but that it is highlhy nutritious, with all the right ingredients and none of the "filler" rubbish like in the less healthy brands. I have also read on YT that most Yorkie owners notice a marked improvement in the coat after a short period on Canidae.
I am just sorry I did not get samples of all the Canidae flavors, just in case.
laurenr is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!