View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 02:56 PM   #8
topknot
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Don't be afraid to approach them after they've shown, pre show breeders are focused on getting their dogs ready for the ring and really don't have the time to devout to you....Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Mardelin- You are so right, after a show is so much better. I am still trying to get a great topknot going and sure enough will have to fix one before we go in the ring. I had one person with older kids - 9 -10 year olds with the mom come over to me as I was getting ready and the children started to play with my dog and trying to touch her hair and topknot. I tried to tell them nicely - please come back after I show and I will be happy to answer your questions and it was like they did not understand. I had to eventually leave my table and walk away from them. After a show - we just feel so much more relaxed. We also have to make sure we are not late or miss our ring times. Everything has an order and must proceed right.

Great way too get stated is to join a breed club in your area or if you are like me and no breed club near me - join an all breed club. You will learn a lot and find out about handling classes and such better. Good luck!!
T.

Last edited by topknot; 03-26-2007 at 02:58 PM.
topknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!