View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 02:36 PM   #7
tegamom1
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyinca View Post
Thanks for the tips

There is a show for the YTCLA in May that I'm planning on going to. I'm really excited about seeing so many yorkies in one spot! How do I approach someone about helping me? I mean, if some total noob were to ask you, or maybe buy one of your puppies, would you be willing, or would you not want to bother.
Going to the show is an excellent way to start. Just remember before the show, exhibitors are very busy getting their dogs ready for the ring and don't have a lot of time. Walk around, observe, possible ask if you might speak with them after the show. The true, reputable breeders will be glad to help you or point you in the direction of someone that can. Before anyone will sell you a show puppy, you will have to earn their respect and trust. Most show breeders breed for themselves and when they do happen to have a puppy available, they are VERT careful who it goes to. You learn from them and gain their trust, and although it does take some time and effort, it is well worth the time spent.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!