Thread: Eating Issues!
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 02:06 PM   #1
Care28
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Default Eating Issues!

I was going to post this in Health & Diet, but I'm not sure if that's the proper board. I haven't posted in a while, so hi everyone!

After this wet food scare, we took Bella off her wet food entirely even though it wasn't on the recall list. I was just too scared leaving her on it PLUS the vet told us a WHILE ago that we needed to get her off the food (but we spoiled her and let her still have a teaspoon in the morning and a teaspoon at night). It's not like she got a LOT of it....it was like a separate treat before we put her dry food down, which she gets in the morning and night, as well.

Well there have been some days that she wouldn't eat all of her dry food. She gets cheerios as treats throughout the day (not a lot, just 5 or 6 here and there or a small handful) plus a couple biscuits (not all together, usually one in the morning and one at lunch). She's NOT deprived of food, it's there for her to eat..... but since we took the wet food away entirely, she will hardly touch her dry food. It's gotten to the point where we've had to mix green beans (which the vet said were okay for her to have, along with carrots) in with her dry food at night just to get her to eat it all. But she's gotten smart with that too and now eats AROUND the dry food and just takes the green bean out (usually throwing most of the food on the ground as she spits it out of her mouth).

I don't know if she just doesn't like this dry food anymore or what, I don't know what else to do. A friend of mine suggested mixing it with water so it was like a gravy, but she just snarls her nose up at that and will only give it a couple licks before walking away. She gets NO table scraps, ever. After the way our last yorkie was fed when we got her, we vowed not even a morsel of human food except for what the vet himself recommended.

I just don't know what to do.... I don't want her to starve. Her bowel movements are all the same, she's urinating fine, she's still drinking water....it's just a darn struggle to get her to eat. Any suggestions?

I don't know if she's being stubborn and trying to resist us in order to get her wet food back or WHAT.... I just don't want her to be hungry.
Care28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!