View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 08:15 AM   #4
xxmxaxrxyxx
Missing Yoshi Everyday!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percys_mamma View Post
I just want to cry. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Percy is 6 months and has been with us almost a month now, and I am no closer to having him trained. I actually think we have taken a step back. We were told he was paper trained when we got him, but that was def not true at all.

I am trying to get him paper trained first. During the summer we get bad storms here in FL (hurricanes too! ) so there will be times when he can't go out. I have an attached garage and the door for it is off the main area of the house. We have set this up as Percys training area, since we can see at all times. His food, bed, and paper are out there.

He *will not* use the paper. I am wondering if it is too close to where he sleeps and eats? They won't "go" in their sleeping area right? I have it away from all that, but how far should it be? At night he uses the paper. But during the day, he will pee on it a little, I will think he is ok, and let him have playtime in the house, and as soon as I let him out....he looks for a spot and squats. I catch him, bring him to the paper, and gate him in to let him finish. I watch and watch so I can praise, but he doesn't go.

I hate having him gated in there. I want him to have run of the house so bad. I feel mean to have to do it. I just can't having him peeing everywhere. I paper training a bad idea? Should I just train him to go outside? I even got this spray for the paper that is supposed to make them want to go on it.

Please help. What am I doing wrong?
I completely understand how frustrating housetraining could be...being consistant is the best thing...put him on schedule...the older they get the stronger their bladder becomes...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!