View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 11:20 AM   #2
BLowry
My furkids
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks Mommy View Post
Jack has been doing so well with using the puppy pads until recently. In the last week, it is like he will walk up to the puppy pad smell, then walk directly off of it and pee about 6 inches from it. It doesn't matter if it is a new one or one he has peed on already. Also, he has had a couple of accidents in other areas of the house as well. Does anyone know why he suddenly refuses to use the pads? He is still doing ok with pooping on it, it is just peeing. I am so frustrated with it.
BELIEVE ME! I feel your frustration!! I can't tell you why they do this but, you are not alone...I got Lillie at 8 weeks and she went to the pad every single time..I thought, FINALLY!!! A trained yorkie!! (My adult is just NOW getting good at the house training and she is 3 yrs old!! still has accidents from time to time) back to Lillie,,,,this lasted for a few months then, the accidents started happening like, where she was is where she went and...is still doing this..she will go to the pad and pee....she KNOWS that is the place to do it. I don't know if because they have such tiny bladders they feel it's easier for them to just pee and poop where they are or try to make it to the pad...Yorkies are not known for being the easiest breed to house train...All I can tell you is you have to be consistent...Put him on the pad and keep telling him to pee/poop and then praise! praise! praise!! This is working for me...then I give a few cheerios (plain) as a treat.

Good Luck and don't give up!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!