View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 09:05 AM   #13
Deezy
Yorkie Yakker

Default Mickey Update

First of all, I wanted to thank the group for their warmth and support. I could not have gotten through the last week without it. We took Mickey in yesterday for his Portal Scan and the results were Shunt Fraction 0.0%, meaning no shunt. Hey may have a mild case of MVD, but that's fine. We can control that with diet.

The doctor said we could do a biopsy of the liver to find out exactly what is going on, but he suggested that since Mickey has no symptoms, we should just continue him on the special diet and re-check him in three months. We agreed.

Mickey is back home and happy as ever. I wanted to put him back on a dry dog food, so I contacted my Vet to get a prescription for the Hill's Diet L/D and it only comes in 20 lb. bags. So, I check Royal Canine and they have Hepatic LS 14 that has no animal proteins and good for dogs who need to control their diet due to liver issues. It comes in a 6 lb. size, Ya gotta love those people at Royal Canine for caring. Mickey was eating their Yorkie food before. He loves the new dry food. I have been giving him carrots and apples for snacks and he is flourishing today.

Hopefully, in three months his bile acids will be lower or at least no higher. I thought this would be the end of the world, but like Marie and Clint told us, it is not. It is manageable and I never want to under estimate the power of the laws of attraction. All I think about is Mickey playing and enjoying life with us for a long time, nothing else will do. Each day is a blessing.

We are counting ours today,

Thank you again for all of your prayers.

Dee & Mickey
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!