View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 07:58 PM   #14
pepe mint
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by genie View Post
Even if you have the sweetest pitt bull the problem is their jaws are so powerful that even a play bite con be very dangerous not only for a yorkie but a child too.
ya, as much of a lover of all dog breeds as I am, I try to inform people that it is not about the pitt bulls being mean or violent, it is just that they are so incredibly powerful and strong. just playing, wether it is with people or other animals, can be very dangerous. My uncles 2 pitt bulls were the sweetest dogs ever but we got to playing in the back yard when I was 10 years old and they tore me completely up. Not being mean to me, just playing. I am not afraid of dogs at all (thankfully) but I learned very young that the sweetest of these dogs (same with dobermans and rotts) can do a lot of damage by simply playing. yorkies are just so tiny. i have a cocker and i have to watch her. not because she is mean, because she wouldn't hurt a fly, but because she can easily hurt maggie just by playing and "slapping" her with her paw.

just something to consider. one of you will have to give in...or both of you. I just wouldn't risk it. JMO
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!