View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 07:20 AM   #1
mire
Yorkie Yakker

Default What do you know about mass dog food recall?

My Rylie is a 2 yr old male & Layla is an 8 month old female, both Yorkies. Both are perfectly normal in everyway. Last week out of the blue, both got sick with vomitting and diarrhea that started getting bloody. Desperate at 4am, I took them to AMC in the Upper East Side Manhattan and they were both given IV and antibiotics but I never got a reason why they were sick.

Later I read that Iams food was part of the huge pet food recall. Although Menu Foods website states it's only recalling wet food (the food I was giving my Yorkies was Iams dry food) I threw the food away. I figure it's better to be safe than sorry-- who knows if the recall will widen to include dry food eventually?

Does anyone know any more details or have you been dealing with symptoms/effects from using Nutro, Iams, Eukanuba or any of the other brands that are part of the recall? Currently I am feeding both my babies Hills Science (wet) mixed with Cesars (wet) but from everything I've read, the recall could grow to include more brands and types...it's amazing that a lot of pet foods share ingredients from the same manufacturing source, virtually affecting nearly every brand out there-- I though Iams & Eukanuba were supposed to be higher end pet products?!?

Can anyone shed some light on their experiences?

mire is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!