View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 03:47 AM   #6
ladyj
No Longer a Member

Rose flying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget's Mommy View Post
I've flown with my yorkie twice recently - from Oakland to NYC and Salt Lake to NYC - on Delta and Jet Blue respectively. I had good experiences with both airlines. I took redeye flights both ways which I think worked out well cause Bridget just slept in her carrier most of the time. On the Delta flight both ways the flight attendant let me take her out of the carrier and keep her under a blanket on my lap. I think its cause I was in business class which was pretty much empty and it was the middle of the night. Or maybe she was just feeling particularly generous! Otherwise, it's been my experience that airlines are pretty strict about keeping your baby in their carrier. It's a good idea before your trip to get them used to being in the carrier. Also, check with the airline to be sure you meet all their requirements with respect to health certificate, carrier size, etc. Hope this helps. Have a great trip!
I have flown on Delta with my Bichon, Lacy, several times, and they have let her lay on my lap under a blanket, too. Lacy is very quiet and just snuggled up and slept the whole way. They were strict on some flights and not so strict on others. I think it depends on how full the plane is and the crew themselves. Lacy got used to her Sherpa Bag when she was a puppy and she loves it. She spent a little over 8 hours in her Sherpa one time when a connecting flight was late and I didn't have time to let her out between flights. I really worried about her, but she was content and never made any complaint. She's a seasoned flyer and is OK as long as she's with me.
ladyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!