View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 05:50 PM   #15
Lorraine
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandYorkies View Post
In reply to the previous statements, you are taking too much upon yourselves here.
Since when were Yorkies "your breed" - that is what is most offensive - you assume that the rest of us are uncaring, unthoughtful, and don't also worry about our dogs welfare, and have no rights to wanting to think of ourselves as Yorkie people too. That is how it comes accross. They are NOT your breed to CONFORM as you want them too, and not once did I say that any of you were not at home ! I was only stating that I was at home ! What you want for the breed is not always the best, as you do little to value all the others who do not make it up to your standards, though I daresay you are into helping the shelters, etc, you would not dream of showing any of them as in your eyes, "they are not good enough" - what complete and utter tripe ! That's where the snobbery comes in !
That's why as a person with a life-shortening painful condition and a disabled daughter, I feel that I know how it feels to be written off and not valued, and I am just putting myself in all those other wee dogs position. And you cannot ever guarantee, no matter what your good intentions are, that some at least of your pups will not be born with features that you would not agree come "up to standard!"
Your comments ARE arrogant, as are mine from my point of view - as we all want what we think is best for our Yorkies - so thanks for the nasty personal messages which really cheered me up no end, and all the nice messages which agree I have a point, even if you don't agree !
LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO HITLER WHEN HE TRIED TO FORM THE "PERFECT RACE" IN HIS EYES....AND BY EVIDENCE THERE ARE A FEW HITLERS ON THIS SITE ALSO.
nicolaf22 I am sorry I got the angle of my reply wrong - I was confused by your posts !
I HOPE IT WASN'T ME YOU WERE OFFENDED BY.....I am all for what you are planning in the future, and I was hoping to share what I have learnt so far with you, as we all don't have people we can ask - SO AS I SAID, THE VERY BEST OF LUCK TO YOU, and I hope you find a nice wee boy as I did ! Check the ads in your local advertiser, and the shelters if you can't find a breeder.....I found my darling wee mannie that way.
DEBRA
My breed means I have only one breed, Yorkshire terriers not a bunch of different breeds. I never said anybody is uncaring etc. However, before considering breeding there is a lot to think about inlcuding the risk to the female which many don't realize when they first think of having a litter, many a dam is lost during whelp or after. then there is how is known about genetic problems that may be carried by sire and/or dam that can be passed on. And that is just for a start.
I must say Highland, I do read a lot of hatred in your post in my opinion. It really is too bad. Obvious to me, some of these posts have hit a nerve.
Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!