View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 12:41 PM   #12
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfiedreams View Post
[B]As you state in your post she is TOY sized(again there is no such size in the breed standard!) there are just Yorkshire terriers! Bitches should be 7 to 7 and a half pounds, they say this so that under size Yorkies are NOT bred from and put at risk! Males should be 3-4 pounds. Go to http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/199 to see the breed standard and have a re-think PLEASE!
Dawn -- I know you mean well but it is the high handed way you tell people what should and should not be done. Starting off with all caps, insinuating yelling sort of sets a negative tone. Do you know how old her dog is? She has already had one "season" and may well be two years old before she goes in again. No need to dictate.

If you want to get technical there are definately toy sized Yorkies as all Yorkshire Terriers are TOY dogs! The breed standard is NOT TO EXCEED 7 pounds -- does not say bitches should be 7 to 7 1/2 pounds -- it says the standard is NOT TO EXCEED 7 pounds. Everyone has opinions -- sharing them AS opinions is fine. But to tell her that all breeding bitches need to be 7 to 7 1/2 pounds and males all need to be 3-4 pounds is JUST an opinion. It may be shared by many or few, but it is still an opinion.

Instead of thinking that all who contemplate breeding are idiot, evil-minded money grubbers, give the benefit of the doubt! I think most of us DO put our dogs above the almighty dollar, pound or notes. If you are an experienced breeder -- offer to share the knowledge in a way that is not so combative. This is just a suggestion based on my own opinion.
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!