View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 03:55 PM   #1
HighlandYorkies
DEBRA'S DORKY YORKIES4
Donating Member

Default Scans for pregnancy - necessary ?

Is it necessary to scan a dog for pregnancy around day 24 - if so, any idea of the rough cost ?
Also, can the Vet determine a pregnancy in a dog towards the end of the fourth week of possible pregnancy (they say day 24)without using scans, and is it true they can be exact on the number of pups ?
Is it that necessary to know how many pups ? (Considering you go to the vet if they have had the puppy sac visable for half an hour with no pup being born ?)
If my wee one is pregnant, it will be my first time being an overlooking mum - so I am reading up all the info I can, but cannot find this out. Will probably phone our vet this week anyway and probably take her in for a check up.
I am at home all the time, so if she is pregnant I will be around the whole time and for the birth, and I was brought up on a farm so have seen many births of all kinds, though not dogs ! I watched many lambs, calves, guinea-pigs, hamsters and kittens being born !
(I have homes for any pups I have, and I will probably keep one myself.)
Any advice would be greatfully appreciated - but most of it I can find out from books and friends, though I know a fair bit already.
It's just this scanning process !
.........DEBRA

1. The "possible" Mum to be !
2. The "Dad"
pics below :
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tammy 0207.jpg (21.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Deb 01.jpg (50.1 KB, 22 views)
HighlandYorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!